Our Mission & History

 

Our Mission is threefold:

Provide quality banking products and services at a fair price to all of our customers
Maintain a work environment that promotes excellence and rewards integrity and loyalty
Generously contribute to non-profit organizations committed to enhancing the quality of life and supporting education, youth development, and affordable housing within the communities we serve.

 

Our History

In 1874, the Village of Ambler had 35 residences, a lumber yard, a coal yard, two mills, and no post office within the town limits. That same year, a group of businessmen gathered at the home of Davis Yerkes and created the town's first building and loan association. The purpose of the Association was simple – to provide affordable home financing.

By our 75th Anniversary, we had financed over 2000 homes. In the immediate years after World War II, the Association financed over 100 homes for veterans returning home.

In 1955, we built new offices at 44 East Butler Avenue and changed our name to Ambler Savings and Loan Association to better reflect our expanding mission. We quickly out grew this new space and purchased land at 155 East Butler Avenue. In 1962, we moved into our newly constructed headquarters building which featured a large lobby, and for the first time, a drive-up teller window. In 2002, we changed our name to Ambler Savings Bank to reflect the full line of consumer and small business banking services we offer.

In 2014, we celebrated our 140th anniversary and embarked on our most ambitious project – the demolition of our Ambler facilities and reconstruction of a new headquarters on the corner of Lindenwold and Butler Avenues in the heart of historic Ambler. We proudly opened our new headquarters to the public on April 25, 2016. The building incorporates ecologically friendly features and houses a modern bank branch connected with our lenders, support staff, and senior management. Most importantly, the space allows us to grow and continue to serve our customers as an independent, mutual financial institution for many more years.

On June 1, 2017, we merged with Bally Savings Bank giving us our first branch in Berks County. This merger allowed the customers of Bally Savings Bank to access an expanded menu of banking products and services previously unavailable while still enjoying the benefits of a community bank. In June 2019, we completely remodeled the Bally branch and added a convenient drive-thru station.

Today, we have locations throughout Montgomery and Berks Counties including our headquarters in the Borough of Ambler, and branches in Limerick, Fairview Village and Bally, with local, experienced professionals who provide customers with the highest level of service.

 

Like Us
on Facebook
Network
on LinkedIn
Follow Us
on Instagram
Locations
& Hours
Toolbar Button

Questions?

We are here to help.

Contact Us Rates Locations

Back to Top